Meade King, solicitors in Bristol, provides specialist advice on professional negligence claims against engineers.
Professional Negligence: no win no fee
Professional negligence claims against engineers and other professionals have become more accessible owing to conditional fee agreements "no win no fee".
Our solicitors assess your professional negligence claim, without charge, before entering into a "no win no fee" agreement. We have a great track record of success in professional negligence claims against engineers and also against accountants, surveyors, valuers, estate agents, brokers, architects and solicitors. Our solicitors deal with a majority of professional negligence cases by conditional fee agreements "no win no fee". Our clients come from all over the country and abroad.
Typical claims against engineers involve
- • Poor design
- • Delays
- • Failure to spot bad work
- • Errors in specification
We deal with claims against engineers on behalf of major commercial developments right through to private individuals dealing with home extensions.
Professional negligence: The tests
In broad terms, to succeed in a claim against an engineer for professional negligence it is necessary to demonstrate:
- • Existence of a duty on the part of the engineer usually set out in the terms of engagement but also on the basis of services typically provided by engineers
- • Breach of duty
- • Showing that the breach of duty has led directly to a loss
- • Proving the amount of the loss
At Meade King Solicitors we will:
- • Identify the real issues at an early stage.
- • Anticipate the sort of defence which is likely to be argued.
- • Assess the prospects of success of the professional negligence claim.
- • Tell you what is involved in pursuing your claim for professional negligence.
- • Where appropriate, agree a process to encourage settlement.
In the great majority of cases, share the risk involved by operating under conditional fee arrangements "no win no fee".
Our specialist team has a great deal of experience of bringing claims for professional negligence against engineers. Our reputation is recognised in legal directories, Chambers and Legal 500.
For further information please contact:
John Vasey - Direct Dial: (0117) 9234 033
Peter Almond - Direct Dial: (0117) 9234 034
Other Professional Negligence Websites
Sue Insurance Brokers